The Rinx is a corporation dedicated to the recreational enjoyment for all ages. The companies under The Rinx umbrella are located on the beautiful 97 acres of Hidden Pond Park in the Town of Islip, Hauppauge, New York.
Come and enjoy the many skating opportunities in our two full size, indoor ice rinks, or have a Birthday Party at The Time Out Cafe. You can even watch your child develop educationally at the Rinx Pre school Academy. We have something for everyone.
If you are more of a summer person, come and enjoy a day by our Olympic size pool and diving pool, or smile while watching the kids in the spacious kiddy pool. We are also very proud of our accredited Hidden Pond Day Camp where our campers have A Summer To Remember. We even have summer Hockey and Figure Skating programs. If you are looking for fun in the sun, we also offer Corporate Picnics adjacent to our pools.
Come and visit us and enjoy all the wonderful things you can do at The Rinx.
Your Families Recreation Destination!
Hidden Pond Day Camp at The Rinx
Our camp family has been growing since 1992. Watch our video and see what we are all about. We would love for you to become part of the H.P.D.C. family.
Stop by and let us show you around.
Things to Know About Hidden Pond Day Camp
1. The camp was established in the fall of 1992 as part of The Rinx Facility. Our first summer season was 1993.
Enrollment: At any given time approx. 500-600 campers on campus
Size: Approx. 95 acres
- Full day
- Mini-day (Kindergarten/4yrs Only)
- Flexible weekly enrollment (Min. Enrollment is 3 weeks)
- 4 and 5 day programs available
- Extended Hours from 7 am - 6 pm
Lunch and Snack are provided daily
2. Hidden Pond is a private American Camp Association (ACA) Accredited Day Camp that provides a safe and secure environment for all campers.
- Only the best camps can become ACA accredited
- There are over 300 safety and program standards that must be met before accreditation is given
- This is far and above what is require by New York State Health Department.
- All visitors must be checked in at the main office and obtain a visitors pass and be escorted by a Division Head
- All staff wears uniforms
- Parents must sign out their child at the end of each day
- Emergency numbers, Security Code, and e-mail address are required
- All late arrivals and early pick-ups must be signed in or signed out in the Camp Office
- Our Nurse and EMT are always centrally located on campus with walkie-talkie radios
- Security Staff Monitors the campus all day
3. Hidden Pond always provides innovative and cutting edge programming that creates fun and excitement.
***Hidden Pond gives children an opportunity to be exposed to a multitude of activites that they may not be able to otherwise experience.
****NOTE-ALL ACTIVITIES HAVE SPECIALIST/INSTRUCTORS OR COACHES
(Some of our Activies)
- Low Ropes Challenge Course with a "Zip Line".
- High Ropes Course with a new "Swing Shot" AND "Whale Watch"
- In door Climbing Wall
- Go-Carts/Mt. Bike/Razor Scooters
- Gamers Den (Computers, PS2's, Game Cubes, with 32 inch Flat screen TV's)
- All types of Creative and Performing Arts Activities/Shows
- Driving Range
- Two NHL size Ice rinks (The only camp on Long Island with 2 full size indoor Ice Rinks)
- 3 Heated Pools (The only camp on Long Island with an Olympic size - fify meters x 3.5 ft deep - heated pool)
- A separate diving pool - 13 feet deep with two 1 meter diving boards
- Martial Arts/Wrestling
- Ga-ga Ball
- New Playground
- 7th and 8th grade Elective Program, Athletic Tournaments, and Field Day
- 5th and 6th grade Creative and Performing Arts Elective, Tournaments
- Sports Clinics - Baseball, Wrestling, Soccer, Badminton
4. Hidden Pond has a low camper - counselor ration
- Kindergarten/4yrs 4:1
- 1st grade 6:1
- 2nd grad and up 7:1
***Average age of counselors approx. 21
5. Together, the Hidden Pond Directors and Leadership Team have over 150 years of experience in the Day Camp Industry
|Want to learn more about this business? Send them a direct inquiry.|
Director Peter Trupia has been involved with children’s camps since 1971, along with Matt Pagliari, who has more than 20 years of camp experience and has been a camp director since 2007. Since 1992 HPDC campers have enjoyed our two NHL-sized indoor ice-skating rinks, heated Olympic-sized pool, and 97 acres of the great outdoors. Three-week minimum. Enjoy team sports, creative and performing arts, climbing wall, high ropes, go-karts, archery, gamers den, and special event days. Lunch and snack included. Ages 4-15; 9am-4pm. Extended hours available.
Peter Trupia has been involved with children�s camps since 1971. In education for 32 years, his mentor was the camp industry icon Ben Appelbaum. He founded H.P.D.C. in the fall of 1992, running their first summer session in 1993. It became a family run camp in 2004. Peter is a Standards Visitor and Visitor Trainer for the American Camp Association. Matt Pagliari joined Peter as director in 2007. An educator with more than 19 years of experience, Matt teaches technology and is in charge of the Anti-Bullying Program for the Jericho School District. He is also a member of the American Camp Association.
Be a good fellow parent and share this with a friend who would be interested